How may I audition for a music scholarship?
To be considered for a music scholarship, students must meet the following requirements:
- Audition for EKU Music Faculty. Guidelines for auditions may be found here.
- Have declared a major or minor in music – The Change of Major form may be found here.
- Have been fully admitted to EKU – Full admission includes the following:
- Minimum 2.5 GPA
- Minimum 2.5 GPA in all college courses (dual credit or transfer)
- Composite ACT score of at least 20, ACT subscores of at least 18 in English, 19 in math, and 20 in reading, 950 SAT math and verbal combined score.
When should I audition for a music scholarship?
All students are encouraged to apply for a merit scholarship based on their talent. Awards are typically decided by March 1 and a limited number of scholarships are available to non-music majors. Students interested in auditioning for a merit-based scholarship should audition early to allow adequate time for consideration. Students are also encouraged to apply for other scholarships.
All transfer students must complete the scholarship waiver form if they wish to apply for a scholarship.
What should I bring to my audition?
Please bring any materials you need for your performance, including music for an accompanist if needed. Please specify your accompaniment needs on your application.
Are other types of scholarships available?
Yes! Other scholarship opportunities are available to new and continuing EKU music students. Academic scholarships are available to qualified students and other opportunities are listed below.